Friday, March 27, 2015

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks

I am so glad that I decided to attend Fairfax Genealogical Spring Conference in Virginia. I have been doing research for so long that I have gotten a little complacent and smug in what I know. It is good to be reminded that while I am knowledgeable in a lot of areas, I am not an expert and learning from an expert is a very good thing.

Most of my lectures today were on the importance of citations and sourcing and it seems that everyone agrees with just how important that it.

I have taken lots of notes and enjoyed listening to some very informed genealogists telling us how they overcame some of the brick wall they encountered.

I am exhausted but I will be sure to share with my readers all the wonderful tips that I got, it got me motivated to write a list of the things I want to work on in my own family history. It is very energizing begin around other genealogists and seeing all the enthusiasm. Often times we find we only have a few people who share our interest, here everyone does.

I am going to rest up for another full day of lectures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment