Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Year End Genealogy Review

As we wrap up 2015 and get ready to head into 2016, it is time to assess what you have accomplished in the past year as far as your genealogical research. Personally, I had one of the best years ever. Okay maybe not as good as the really early days when everything was new and I was building my original trees but I have been stuck in a few ruts. Those brick walls can be very hard to overcome.

Here is what I discovered this year. 

My grandmother came to the United States on the Teutonic in 1891. This record has eluded me for 30 years. It brought tears to my eyes to see her, her father John and brothers John and George on the ship as it departed Liverpool for New York on April 22, 1891. 

My ancestor Geoffrey Donahue had two more siblings that I had never known about. A brother Edmund and a sister Hannah. 

My ancestor Julia Tallant did have an older sister named Agnes and her parents are indeed Michael Tallant and Mary Moran. 

My DNA matches me to at least two people with Cavan Roots. I need to concentrate on this a little in the new year 

I am sure that there may be even more that got me thinking this year but I would say that I have broken down a few walls. 

I hope to share a lot more tips and information in the new year. May all of you who follow this blog have as much luck as I have had in breaking down those walls that keep us from getting to know our roots. Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment